The Proper Way To Use Azelaic Acid
Azelaic acid is a powerful treatment for people who suffer from acne. It is able to destroy the bacteria which are responsible for the skin condition. Because it is a medication, there are certain precautions and guidelines that should be followed before using it.
- This medicine is for external use only. Do not take by mouth.
- Wash your hands before and after applying.
- Before using Azelaic Acid Cream, the area to be treated should be washed with soap and warm water.
- Once rinsed, the skin should then be pat dry.
- The affected area of the skin should be covered with a small amount of Azelaic acid. This should be rubbed gently into the skin and evenly distributed. The medication should be allowed to dry.
- The affected region of the skin should not be covered up with a bandage, unless the doctor tells you to do this.
- There should be continuous use of Azelaic acid, even if there is no real improvement of the condition.
- Dosages should not be missed.
- If you miss a dose of Azelaic Acid, then is should be used as soon as possible. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the dosage you missed. It should never be doubled up.
- If you think you should have, then make sure you contact a doctor or emergency room immediately.
You should speak with your doctor if you have any questions related to the use of Azelaic acid.